Clydesdale Harriers Constitution
That every member of the club must wear the club uniform when competing as a club member.
Dates for club cross country races shall be set by the cross country captain or the general committee in their absence.
Dates for club track and field championships shall be set by the track captain or the general committee in their absence.
Only first claim members and members who have paid their annual subscription are eligible to compete in club championship events.
The club shall enter and pay for eligible members to compete in : County, District and National Cross Country Championships and Cross Country Relay Championships; National Veterans Cross Country Championships and Veterans Road Relay; National 6 stage Road Relay Championships; National Road Race Championships; Edinburgh to Glasgow Relay Road Race; Scottish Athletics League; Scottish Young Athletes League; National trial for British trial for World Cross Country Championships.
1. That the club shall be called the “Clydesdale Harriers”.
2. That the object of the club be to encourage and further the interest of track, cross country, hill running, road running and amateur athletics in general.
3. That the general management of the club be vested in a committee of fifteen who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the club; including a President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Captain, Vice Captain, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer. Five members to form a quorum.
4. That each candidate for election to the club sends with his / her application the subscription for the year which will be returned if he / she is not elected.
5. The annual subscription shall be decided at the AGM. Levies, if considered necessary, can be decided by the general committee. The annual subscription is due on 1st April each year.
6. The Treasurer shall place before the committee all members who have paid their subscription within two months and after three months the treasurer shall then submit on the club notice board all paid up members and append names when subscription is paid.
7. That any member intending to withdraw from the club or become a secondary first claim member of the club must give written notice to the Secretary.
8. The rules of the club and those of the Scottish Athletics Federation must be obeyed. This includes the requirement for all competing club members to be a member of Athletics Scotland. It shall be the responsibility of each competing member to ensure their membership of Athletics Scotland. Club members who are not members of Athletics Scotland will not be entered by the club for National, District and County Championship or team events.
9. That the uniform of the club be black pants, with white singlet with black trim and black “C” on front and back.
10. Female members may have “Clydesdale Harriers” on the back of white vests and club motif on front.
11. The general committee shall appoint any sub committees which they may consider advisable and have full power to fill any vacancies in the general committee.
12. The President will have the power to call a special meeting of the members. This meeting and the agenda must be circularised to all members.
13. That the General Committee Meeting be held on the third Friday of each month or as near that date as possible. The minutes of committee meetings shall be open for inspection on request by members.
14. Any committee member should give prior notice of his intention of not being present at a committee meeting.
15. An Annual General Meeting shall be held each year in April or shortly thereafter with all members being notified in advance by post. A proxy voting form shall be included in the correspondence for those members who are unable to attend the meeting. At these meetings the reports of the Secretary and Treasurer shall be submitted. Office bearers and committee shall be appointed for the coming year. In addition, two auditors will be appointed to audit the annual accounts. Fifteen members shall form a quorum, a majority to decide on all issues. President has casting vote in the event of a tie.
16. That a Special General Meeting may be called by the president, committee or assistant secretary who shall call the meeting with all members being notified in advance by post. Fifteen members to form a quorum at this meeting.
17. That these rules be inserted in the club handbook and that no alteration in, or addition to, the rules be made except at the General Meeting in April or at a special meeting called for that purpose. Notice of such alteration to be given to the secretary or assistant secretary at least fourteen days previous to any special general meeting or to the annual general meeting in April. That anything outwith these rules be governed by the rules of the Scottish Athletics Federation.
18. That the club shall have the power to confer honorary membership upon any person as a token of esteem.